Thursday, March 6, 2014

Drawn Thread Day 3

The featured Drawn Thread finish for today is the one that I am most proud of.  It is Cici's casket (?).  I'm not sure of the exact name.

 When I was at Celebrations one year Olde Colonial had one of the boxes available and I splurged as I always wanted to make one.  It was a trick to find a box and packing materials (clothes from my suitcase) to get it home.  I got the Drawn Thread chart and ordered the fabric from Drawn Thread to make sure I was doing it exactly right.  So I was a bit irritated when it didn't fit like I wanted it to.  See how the design is so close to side edges?

 I had to alter the design just a bit to make it fit.  So I put my first finished side on the back so it doesn't show much.

 Notice the more equal spacing all the way around the design.


 It was a lot of work and I am very proud of myself for sticking with it and getting it done.  I'd like to show it to Cynthia but I don't want to take it on the airplane again.

Here is my progress on Windswept yesterday.  This is just the top half of the design or page one.  There is a whole other page to go.

I finished one half of the border on the inside of Along the River James.

It was good to be away from it for a few days.  Now I'm working on the bottom half.  Of course there are some secret pockets yet to do but they won't be so bad.  They just have the border across the top of them.
It is supposed to warm up tomorrow.  Yeah!!!
A

3 comments:

  1. Your Drawn Thread casket is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Amy, and the bookmark and River James is really coming along nicely.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The casket is beautiful. I have had a casket and the chart from The Proper Stitch for some years but it is now on the 2015 To Do list so may yet get completed! it is cooling down here so maybe the warmth has gone your direction?

    ReplyDelete