Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Drawn Thread Day 20


Today's Drawn Thread finish is another tag.  I like how this one turned out.  I really like the "A" in my name with the little flower in it. I was getting low on Drawn Thread finishes so I went through my unfinished drawer and found a few more.  I think I have enough for another week.  I am getting excited about Spring Fling.  I just have little over a week until I fly off to Minnesota.  DH asked if I had started packing up stuff yet.  No, I haven't even thought about it.  But I better.  One of my goals this year is to walk outside of our hotel.  I think the walking paths around the lake by the hotel were closed last year so I didn't walk outside.  Will they be closed this year?  With all of the snow and bad weather they've had, it is a possibility.

Here is the kit for Spring Casket Keepsakes:

Note the color of the linen on the right side.  That is really the color, not how it looks in the next photo:
This is one side of the cornflower.  The top oval was hard to stitch as it is over one on linen of the very same color.  I had to get out my craftoptics glasses to see this.
I have been commissioned to make something for my DIL's brother and SIL's baby.  So I found an alphabet (the one I wanted to make Claire's name out of) and started the new baby's name.
I wasn't sure if it is too grown up a style for a baby.  But we'll see how it looks when I'm done.  Don't worry, it's a girl.
It's snowing outside.  I hate snow.
A

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the colors in this one, very pretty.
    The Alphabet is nice also.
    Can't wait to see more of the Casket.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this your own design? Is it available commercially - it's beautiful. I have granddaughters with uncommon names - this would be a great project for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, saw your comment about walking paths closed last year. I'm leaving 80 degrees and sun for Stitchville, the walking paths better be open ;) Sarah (from The Silver Needle last summer)

    ReplyDelete