Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Project Update

I have hit a brick wall.  It is the over one stitching on the Spring Fling project.  I'll have to give myself a goal everyday to get it done as it is tedious.  Maybe today I will try to finish the numbers after the alphabet and one window frame.

I finished "Needleworker".  I have stitched and framed their "Home of a Needleworker" and it hangs in my mud room.  When I saw this design I wanted to stitch it.

I bought it at Stitchville and saw their model.  I didn't want it to be that big so I stitched it over one on 32 count.  I envision it as a sign for my sewing room door.  The design comes with 7 or 8 flosses but I wanted the design to be less dull colors.  So again I used the premium silk flosses from Hand Dyed Fibers that were in reach.  The premium floss is just a bit thicker and covers well when doing tent stitch on this size linen.  I made the bird blue instead of dark brown.  I also added just a bit of backstitching to the needle with a Krenik thread so that it has a highlight.

The challenge now is to find a frame that is just right.  I'll look around Hobby Lobby and Michael's.
It is a bit overcast today but at least all signs of snow are melted away.
Have a happy Sunday!


  1. Your Spring Fling project looks great Amy.
    Love the house.
    I like the changes you made to the Needleworker, the bird looks nice in blue.
    I have that one to stitch up yet.
    Thanks for sharing.

  2. ooOoo! Needleworker looks fabulous like that! Good for you!