Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm Proud of Me

I was brave and did several things on my mermaid that I hadn't tried before.  Most of them turned out good.  First off, I put on the silk purl around the smaller mermaid's waist.  I made the little cutting box according to the directions and cut the purl.

  It went fine.  I was surprised, it wasn't hard at all.

Then I tried a new stitch, the cable chain.    It went fine too. I practised just a bit before using the vintage metal thread.
Next came the mica for the mirror.  I cut it.  I stitched it on and it is so cool. I think it looks good.


Then I made a fin.  It didn't turn out too badly but it has a problem.  One end is sticking out and it shouldn't.  I could try and tack it down. I already tried threading into a needle and directing it down where it should be.   Metal thread has a mind of its own and sometimes isn't very cooperative.  I may just try again.  I have to make another one anyway for the other side of the fish.  I'll make sure to make the bend bigger than a quarter inch next time.  Actually I am amazed that my fin turned out as well as it did.  Amy Mitten's directions are great.  I wish I could see it a little better when trying to stitch it.  I may turn up my light to full blast and see if that helps.  I think the fins are the last thing I have to do before the next lesson comes out.  I'm almost caught up.  I would show you a photo of my fin but at the moment I can't find it.  Story of my life.

I put a few more stitches in Sweet Heart of mine.  I am enjoying this stitch.
Cute!
A

3 comments:

  1. Your mermaids look wonderful. It's always interesting to learn new techniques isn't it. I like Sweetheart of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job with the specialty threads.
    Your new project is coming along nicely also.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work..... Difficult stitches mastered beautifully!

    ReplyDelete