Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday



I only put in a few stitches yesterday. Most of the day I worked on finishing the Lounging Hare. I made good progress but finishing always goes slowly. I laced all five panels to stiffener. One pocket slip is sewn to it's panel. Today I want to finish the needlebook and pyn keep at least. I made the little twisted thread that goes around the button on the needlebook but I am going to do it over as I wound it a bit tight and it doesn't look as even as I want. I piled up all the cuts of wool that the top of the box will be mounted on. It will be hard to squish it down and put the muslin over it. The directions say to use a glue stick or tape. Well, the tape doesn't hold so it is either glue stick which I don't have much confidence that it can hold or just lace it tightly in place.

I laced the violets to some stiffener and I have to sew some ultrasuede to the back along with a pin back. Then it will be done.

My face is much better today although it is very dry. I hesitate to put anything on it. I want it to get back to normal without me plugging up my pores.

I love that it is the longest day of the year. But I don't want to see the days get shorter. If I am a very good girl, I will wash the kitchen floor. I'll let you know tomorrow.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment