Friday, June 24, 2011

A Finish Sort Of




I finished the tool carrier for Lounging Hare. There was a lot of hand sewing of the ultrasuede to the back of the five panels but I worked diligently and at 7:00 p.m. last night I finished it. Wow. It has been nearly two weeks since the class. I'm proud of myself for getting it done. It is a keepsake. Of course, it won't be complete until the box arrives and I can totally finish the top.

So now, do I go back and finish a UFO or do I start something new? I should go finish a UFO but instead I started the Wheelbarrow. I love that pattern and just had to see how it is started. I read through the instructions and it doesn't seem that hard. So I serged the edges of the material, put the threads on a card and labeled them. Then I just had to start the piece in the upper left hand corner of the fabric. I am happy with the palestrina knots that go across one side. I wasn't sure whether to chicken out and just do a chain stitch. Then I figured out a way to do the knots by just dropping down one thread each time. It looks good. On the next piece is a darling grasshopper. Fun.

Finally I got an email from the guild I just joined and she sent me the registration form for the class I want to take. There is one space left - and she is holding it for me! Yeah! So before I even ate breakfast, I filled out the form and wrote the check. After exercise class I went and mailed it at the Post Office. I am ecstatic!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment