Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Coming Together



I finished the needlebook and pyn keep for Lounging Hare. I stitched the last pocket slip for the front. Now I am ready to start putting it all together on the ribbon. I still have the two little back pocket slips to stitch. I need to sit down and carefully read the directions which includes tacking ribbon and stitching ultrasuede to the backs of each panel. I fiddled with the wool for the box top. Since it was so hard to squish it down, I decided to restitch it together but much more firmly. This worked. I pinned the linen to the top but I am waiting for the box before I attach it as it may require a size adjustment. I have so enjoyed this challenging project. I changed the leaf color on the flower pocket slip. It is almost the same as the needlebook flower that has white leaves. I didn't think the white leaves showed up very well on the fabric so I changed it to the light moss color. I like how it turned out.

I lost a needle with a bit of thread in it. I think it is on the floor of my sewing room by my chair but it is driving me crazy not being able to find it. ARGH. I guess I better make sure I have my shoes on while I'm stitching.

I didn't get the kitchen floor washed yesterday. I guess I'll try to do that today. We will probably go to Minneapolis on Sunday. It is exciting because I think I'll get a chance to go to Stitchville USA with my BFF.
A


1 comment:

  1. YAY HOORAY! Glad to hear you are coming to Minneapolis! Your needlework is looking lovely and you are getting so much finished. Can't wait until our Stitchville trip!

    ReplyDelete