Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Summer Blooms #2

 I've been working on Summer Blooms using the recommended colors in the kit. It is a simple easy stitch. In the kit is a #3 milliners needle for making the bullion knots. That's the secret to doing bullion knots, using the right needle. I learned how to do them from Sue Spargo. I've been doing a couple of flowers a day and I'm almost done. I tried to find how many threads you are supposed to use but I couldn't find any information except for those bullion knots. You are supposed to use three plies and wrap it 16 times. 

Then yesterday I goofed. I used the wrong thread color for the hollyhocks. I took it out and used the right color. Then I got to thinking boy, these would look much more delicate if I just used one thread instead of two. So I tried that. The one ply looked so much better. I may take out the two thread ones and redo them (again!) with one ply.

So here is my first go at Summer Blooms.



And this is with the recommended colors.



This is the two ply compared to the one ply.



The humidity is gone and the weather is glorious!

A





3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful design, I would have gone with two threads myself, wonderful choice.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete