Thursday, June 3, 2021

Liquor Cabinet

 Dear Molly asked about my doll house that was seen in the background of one of my photos. 








I love that doll house. But it isn't really a dollhouse. I first saw one in an Architectual Digest article about Tim Gunn's apartment.  He had one that had been his mother's.  I loved it. He used his as a bookcase. My friend Torie said she had one and was able to tell me who made them (Maitland and Smith). It was designed to be a liquor cabinet. How ironic. So I went looking for one. I found one for sale in New York and bought it. I have a few designer dolls and put them inside. The magnet that closes the cabinet is very strong and there is a tendency for the window sections to fall out. I have many of the sections for the windows but am unsure how to fix them. I love all the little details of this cabinet. There is a lamp that matches the cabinet but haven't found one for sale. It is great that I can enjoy this cabinet in my sewing room everyday.

A


4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy -- maybe DH can use some super glue to fix the Window sections? If you don't want it to be that permanent, maybe you/DH could try those little glue strips/dots that they use for Scrapbooking? I love that cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if "points" could be used to keep the panes in place? I put some in a primitive cabinet I got from Mexico, and they are holding the panes in well, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy, thank-you for showing the close-ups and explaining your "doll house"! It is so unique and I can see how you get joy from it.

    ReplyDelete