Monday, August 31, 2020

Tiny Book Cover

 I worked on the Fanciful Story book cover.  I wanted to finish the center rose to see how it looked.  I did it and it looks okay. I started on the back cover so when I get to the front cover I can do a better job on the embroidery.  I am working with the gold thread and it isn't easy.  the first stitches to form the ladder went pretty well. The wrapping the ladder rungs isn't quite looking like I wanted.  It hard to tell if it looks good because it is so shiny,  Maybe that's a good thing - you can't tell if how bad it is, it's too shiny!




I'm going to keep working the gold. Then there is only beads and spangles to put on.  I can do those, no sweat. I ordered a set of three more of the tiny books on Amazon.  I want to give one to Claire and one to Evan for Christmas but not with a gold embroidered cover. You could hang them on the Christmas tree as an ornament.

A

2 comments: