Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Stuff

 Spinster Stitcher recently asked how to keep threads on a large project and I thought I would add my two cents. I forget where I saw or heard about using luggage tags thingies. I recently ordered some more off of Amazon and ordered the wrong size. I got 4 inchers when I wanted 6 inchers. Duh. Anyway I put my floss into floss bags and then onto a luggage tag wire and it keeps them all together.




Then on FaceBook I saw where Vicki Clayton was dying some threads again, Yeah! I had been wanting a particular red for a couple of years.  So I thought I would try and order some. I'm halfway done with a sweet bag all in red and needed more floss. Low and behold, I got it. Now I can finish.

I also saw that stitched in red purse in the Yumiko Higuchi book. This red would be perfect to stitch it.


5 comments:

  1. Yay! That's wonderful news about Vicki Clayton!! I'll have to check it out. Those were/are my favorite silks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy...I have a question about the luggage thingies....do the holes on the paper tags of overdyed floss such as WDW or GAST fit easily over the "joints"? Thanks and hope you're doing well! Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news on Vicki Clayton threads. You made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool thread holders! Awesome news about the Vikki Clayton silks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea.
    Good news about the silks.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete