Wednesday, August 5, 2020

One Queen

I got one Queen ompletely done on The Queens Sampler!  I admit that I was afraid of messing it up so it took me a while to get around to trying it. Of course it was half as hard as I worried about.  I didn't do any queen stitches and even improvised when a stitch didn't look good to me.

I happened to pick up some thread off the floor and laid it on the sampler,  Then I thought hey, that uses several colors in the sampler, I'll use that in her dress. (Gloriana Rain Forest)


 I didn't want the queen to look unhappy but she looked okay when I backstitched her face.  She sort of looks like she is wearing glasses the way the face is charted. She is really quite small and so I was
 limited in what I could do.

Then I had to find a color for her bodice and underskirt.  I happened on a Cottage Garden Thread from Australia called "Butter Bean". The upright cross stitch was recommended for her underskirt but I kept messing that up. So I changed it to Rice stitch and I'm happy with that. I put an angled satin stitch on the bodice. Oh yes, I used spiral trellis on the sleeves.  Her hair is boullion stitches with French knots. Ta Dah! Done.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment