Thursday, August 20, 2020

Testing

 I was very excited about starting my new Kit.  I wanted to know if I could do it. I traced the design on the linen. (I was relieved that I'm just embroiderying on the linen and not having to count the threads on it). So I started with the central motif, the red Tudor style flower. It's done in detached buttonhole and I've done that before. It looks good, like its supposed to. I'm not done with it yet.



Then I wanted to try working with the gold passing thread. I only knew which spool to use because "passing" is written on the spool. There are clever instructions on threading the needle with the gold passing. First I made the spider web rose. I took it out once and tried again. It turned out great.  I really like the look of it.  I thought at first it was just a big knot but the gold thread makes it stand up like a rose. Cool. Next was another stitch that I hadn't done in a long time (Ceylon?) but the instructions were clear.  Once I got the tension right it looked good.  So the conclusion is that yes, I can do this! And I am enjoying it.

A


 

1 comment: