Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Stand

I got the Theresa Baird pin cushion stand.  It is just gorgeous.  Very nice workmanship.  It was pretty easy to put together although I didn't follow the directions. 
It has  a drawer:
Side view:

I laced the bottom of the pin cushion so that it was small enough to fit the circle (2 1/2 inches) for the pin cushion.  Then I cut a 2 1/2 inch circle of mat board and laced it to the bottom of the pin cushion.  That didn't look deep enough so I cut another 2 1/2 inch circle of mat board and taped it to the first one.  I used some gorilla tape to tape it into the recessed circle in the stand.  I think it looks good.
I started the biscornu which is the last piece to stitch from this Part II pattern.
Here are the completed pieces:
Love it!
A

2 comments:

  1. What a great set.
    The stand is beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Amy! Great job on thinking outside the box on finishing. Comes from your vast experience.

    ReplyDelete