Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Day Two

We had our second day of the Sue Spargo class on Sunday.  Today we are working on stitches.  Half of me time was spent trying to decide exactly what I wanted to do.  I put some rick rack on the side of the alligator for some texture.  But I decided I liked what was recommended in the pattern better, double cast-on stitch.  So I took off the rick rack and looked up in Sue's book how to do the stitch.  I chose a variegated thread in green and I liked how it turned out.  I happened to sew on the alligator with it's mouth open.  So I thought I would put something in it's mouth.  BFF#2 thought I should put a snake in his mouth but I liked the idea of a red circle that could be an apple or a cherry. 

By the end of the day this is what I had accomplished. 

Everybody laid our their work and we got to see what everyone had done.  It was great to see everybody's ideas.  One person was working on a backpack.  How cool!

I bought a bunch of embellishments and threads.

I also bought a cute kit.

I started the kit yesterday and I'm ready to stitch on the birds.

It was a fun class and I'm glad we went.  However, I have a lot more work to do!!
A

1 comment: