One day I just decided to start stuff. There were several things I wanted to begin. This is the first one:
This was a Silver Needle With a Little Help From Our Friends club kit. It had two strawberry designs. I bravely started one a while back on gauze.
I was not happy with it and it was taking forever. The background all had to be done and it wasn't looking even. I decided to just scrap that start and begin anew using linen. So I took the gauze out of the embroidery hoop and looked for the linen and threads that came with the kit. It has been too long and I couldn't find the linen or the threads. I was not to be deterred however. I went stash diving and found the called for threads. I decided to use the chestnut linen that I used on Erica Michael's Quaker Berry.
This time around the stitching went much better - and easier.
Now I have to finish it. I ironed it.
I drew around the berry pattern with a yellow chalk pencil and cut it out.
I sewed the back seam on my sewing machine.
I turned it right side out.
I'm ready to do the running stitch at the top and then stuff it. I'm hoping to finish-finish it today.
It is a lovely day here. Wishing you a happy Sunday.