Sunday, September 24, 2017

A Reindeer

This is what I found when I was in my rabbit hole the other day.
I stitched a couple of these a few years ago for Claire.  I didn't manage to stitch any ornaments last year.  (Shame on me) The designs looked easy and quick.  I was trying to remember the ones I stitched so that I didn't stitch ones Claire already had.  I chose the reindeer.
I thought that might be cute for Evan.  I picked a piece of 32 count overdyed fabric that looked like sky.
I started stitching with two strands.  Is that too thick?  I went to another corner of the fabric and tried stitching with one thread.  I didn't like the coverage (or lack there of).
So I went back to my original start and continued on.
I just need to add some beads and it is finished.  I am reminded that I am not fond of overdyed fabric.  The holes were tightened up and the "hand" felt rough.  You can see it looks a bit wrinkly in this photo.  I think I'll finish it into a circle shape.  We'll call him "Dancer".  His antlers are a very light yellow and cream not green.
I colored my hair last night in anticipation of my trip this week.  It has a bit of a pink cast to it but that will wash out.  I know there will come a day when I say phooey with coloring, I'm going natural.  But I'm not there yet. 
A

1 comment: