Monday, September 4, 2017

My Own Private Stitchmaynia 2

Another project that I started on my Stitchmaynia day was this Theresa Baird Fractur Sewing Set II.

 I didn't have the silks called for and I wasn't sure about stitching it on 40 count.  I ordered the Belle Soie from Stitching Bits and Bobs.  Since the pattern mentioned you could do this on 36 count fabric.  I decided to try it.  But since I didn't have the silks yet, I just used the DMC equivalents.  What I found was I loved stitching this and it turned out way cuter than the picture on the pattern.  I like working on the 36 count Edinburgh.


I love it!  I still don't have the silks but I am very happy with the DMC.  They are nice bright colors.  I picked a small project to start, the Petite Needlebook.  I got it all stitched and cut it out.  I am in the process of finishing it.

I just have to find a nice lining fabric.  Time for some stash diving.

The walking is done in spite of a little rain.  The bathrooms are clean.  As a special treat to myself for Labor Day, I am making walleye fingers!  Yum.
A

1 comment: