Saturday, December 31, 2016

Wishing You a Happy New Year

It was warm this morning (38 degrees) when I went to the Y.  2016 has gone so fast.  When I reflect on this year the high point was a new grandson and our trip to California to see our grandchildren.

 My trips to stitching classes were high points as well.  I learned that going with friends is much preferable to going by myself.  I keep saying I am going to fewer retreats next year because I have so much to stitch right here at home.  I have debated whether to keep up this blog as there have been a few bumps in the road.  So many of you have said that you enjoy this blog, so for now I'm still going to try and post.  I must admit that everyone who reads this blog is very kind.  Not one person has berated me for my lousy photos or for boring them silly with the same projects over and over again.
Thank you.
Mary Corbet got me into trouble again.  She posted about House of Embroidery threads on her blog.  She talked about a special deal on them. Yep, I ordered some in November.  They weren't going to be sent until late December.  I was quite surprised the other day when they came.  I had forgotten about them.

They are lovely.  I got some variegated #12 pearl cotton.  Very cool.  These would make some gorgeous twisted cording.


I also got some variegated floss.

So nice.
Who put all these on bobbins?  And in a case!  Wow, it looks like I am organized.
That reminds me, I need to clean up my sewing room, but I'd rather stitch.

Happy New Year!  How can it be nearly 2017?  I remember wondering if I would make it to the year 2000.  I'll be celebrating with some root beer!
A

4 comments:

  1. Ah. Root beer. Always makes me want Cream Soda. Never heard of those threads, will check it out. Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Amy. I am so glad you are going to continue blogging. Your blog is very inspiring. I stitch much less than you, but have many of the same projects. It is great to be able to see them in various stages as you stitch them. I introduced myself to you in Williamsburg in Jackie's class.
    Happy stitching,
    Linda Meyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pic of the kids, glad you got to go see them.
    Please keep your blog going, I LOVE seeing all of your exceptional finishes, they are all so interesting.
    I'm sure a lot of others think so too.
    Those are some pretty threads, and so organized!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete