Saturday, December 24, 2016

Forty Four Or So

It's Christmas Eve!  It is much warmer here but the roads are treacherous.  Black ice covered the Y parking lot this morning.  Eek!  I won't be able to walk tomorrow.  I get the day off.

I printed off photos that I wanted to put in my little album.

 I counted 44 things that I finished this year.  Here are some of the photos I printed and cut out to put in the album.

The big things were several kits from Amy Mitten.  The Quaker Bag, the Queen's Crown, Diligence Casket Keepsake as well as the World pin keep.

 I reached my goal of finishing Mistress L's Band Sampler.  I was surprised to see that I had finished about 5 of those Just Nan mice as well as a limited edition needle book.

  I still have a couple mice to go.  I got a few of the class projects that I took this year all done, like Betsy Morgan's Bristol Sampler Stitching Bag and Pioneer Girl's Etui and the Ode box bottom.

 Getting the Owl and the Pussycat done was a major accomplishment.  I made Evan a name pillow, a quilt, a fabric book, a Christmas stocking and a birth announcement.  I made Claire her Elsa costume.
I finally put together my trinket box (for the very last time!).

 I've made enough needle books and pin cushions to choke a horse.
I think it is good to have goals.  To be able to make reasonable goals for next year, I needed to know where I am.  I have some plans for next year.  I'll tell you about those next week.  In the meantime, have a wonderful Christmas.
A

7 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas to you too Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Amy!

    What a huge amount of finishes you've had this year! I think you get double credit for the big Amy Mitten pieces and at least that for Mistress L and for the Owl and the Pussycat (which started off lovely and then became more and more amazing as it neared completion).

    Setting goals for next year sounds like a great idea ... I just need to figure out what else I want to get done in addition to Jane Turner. You've gotten me thinking - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Amy!
    You got so much done this year!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Amy! I just discovered your blog this year and I have loved watching you work. It is so inspirational! We have similar tastes and I have lots of the projects you've worked on in my own stash! Congratulations on such wonderful finishes! I can't wait to see what you do in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you also Amy. Love seeing all that you post. You have finished a lot of beautiful pieces. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great year of projects.
    Merry Christmas.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete