Friday, February 24, 2012

Snow






We were predicted to have 6 to 10 inches of snow but luckily it turned out to be only about 5. It looks sort of Christmas-y. I chickened out of going to exercise today because of the snow.
Son#1 wanted to know how big the Pink Hat was and said to put it on one of my dolls. So I did. It is cute! But I still want to try it again. I have most of the body of the Pink Hat knitted in a different yarn. It will be interesting to compare the two when it is done and see which one I like best.
I finished the third corner of Vierlande Winders Keepers. There is a big medallion nearby and I am almost done with that too. I really like how it looks. One more corner to go and the main piece will be done. All the rest will be easier and smaller.
I tried ironing the birth announcement. I am not happy with how it looks. The overdyed fabric looks stripey and I couldn't get all the folds out. I have had this kit for a long time and the folds are hard to press out. I am thinking of (horrors!) washing it to get rid of the folds and maybe lessen the stripes in the fabric. I risk some of the threads fading. But I am going to try it anyway. I have washed things before that are not supposed to be washed with no problems. So I will keep my fingers crossed that this works out.
I have gotten back into Cutting For Stone and am over half way through.
I have been tempted. My BFF is very persuasive! I am thinking of going to a Stitching Retreat with the Needlework Guild of Minnesota that looks interesting. I filled out the registration. Let's see if I have the gumption to write the check! It is in August.
Son#2 suggested we might like to frame the birth announcement they sent out where he is holding a 4 day old Claire. I love the photo so I dug around in my stash to find a mat and frame. I love how this looks. Now I have to find a place to hang it that we can see it often. DH suggested the kitchen. We'll see.
A

2 comments:

  1. Try washing some of your leftover threads (particularly the dark pinks) to see if they bleed. I had some overdyed Threadworx that bled terribly. Fortunately it was while I was trying to set the color before using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is way too pretty to ruin -- you did a great job "designing" it.

    ReplyDelete