Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birth Announcement






DH reminded me that I often stitch a birth announcement for a new baby and was I going to do that for Claire? Of course! I have been trying to decide what design to go with. I saw one framed by Rensel Studio that I thought was lovely but it was for a boy. Someone had taken Shepherd's Bush's kit of Sailor Collar and added the baby's name and date. I have that kit in a drawer somewhere. I took it out and thought with just a few "pink" changes and omitting the boy and boats I could make it a birth announcement for Claire. So I started it. I get so disgusted with Shepherd's Bush charts as they are nothing but a list of Step 1, Step 2 etc. I spent last night looking for just the right alphabet for her name. I have a favorite alphabet from a very old copy of Cross Stitch and Country Crafts. I made a couple copies of it and cut them up to see if it would fit and how it looked. I didn't want to graph the whole thing out so this was the easy way. I hope I have the count and centering correct. I usually mess it up somehow. It's a talent I have. I really like it so far.
I did a bit of finishing on the Shepherd's Bush pincushion. I just have the scrunched up ribbon edging to sew on with beads and it will be done.
I worked on Vierlande Winders Keeper some. I got the first angel motif done.
I decided not to try to drive over to the Kindred Spirits Sampler Guild meeting that is today. I'd love to go but the weather scares me. Five hours of driving is not my idea of fun anyway.
I didn't get to reading yesterday. I am going to read some today. Really.
A

1 comment:

  1. Your idea for a birth announcement sounds great - you are clever to be able to change alphabets and colours etc. Look forward to seeing this finished. You are doing well on the Winders Keeper. I don't blame you staying put when the roads are icy and the weather snowy. Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete