Thursday, February 2, 2012

Packing



I am so excited. I'll be in California tomorrow. Today is all about getting ready. I have to be sure I have some things to stitch on the plane.
Surprising things came in the mail yesterday. I got the pre-stitching for Spring Fling. It is a Victoria Sampler design. It looks like it is mostly ribbon embroidery. It won't take too long to do. I'm sure I'll have it done by the middle of April. I could have it done by next week if I wasn't going on a trip. I am looking forward to that get together with stitchy friends. It will be a fun party weekend.
I am getting so excited about the Cabinet of Curiosities. It looks like our first project involves a small box with hardware. I love it. That will be so cool. Of course that isn't until May. I love the blue colors of thread that were specially dyed for us.
The brew pub was interesting. It just opened last week and they are still working out some kinks. They just had bar food. I indulged in one of my guilty pleasures: a hot dog. They do make their own rootbeer but they were out of it last night.
I'm plugging away on the Vierlande Winder Keeper. I am enjoying it very much. The fabric was overdyed by the designer and has copper mottling. (note: this picture doesn't show the color at all, it is much darker than in the photo) I sometimes don't like overdyed linen but this is fine. Since I stitch in hand, I like my linen to have some body and/or stiffness to it.
With our warm temperatures, the snow has mostly melted away.
Wishing you a great day!
A

1 comment:

  1. The Victoria Sampler design looks great - but it will have to wait until after California won't it! Have a great time away and enjoy getting to know Claire

    ReplyDelete