Tuesday, April 12, 2022

What?

 I got a notice from Needle in a Haystack that my order was ready to be sent. What order? The date of the order was last year. What did I order? I have no idea. Maybe it was thread. It will be an interesting surprise. Also House of Stitches is sending me the threads I needed. Yeah! I ordered two felting kits from The French Needle. I have been looking for a small bird for the inside of my casket. So I thought I could try making one. I got the kits on Saturday. 

Do I know how to do felting? Not really. I made a pin cushion a few years ago using this technique but all the felt pieces were already cut. It was pretty easy. The bird is an experiment to see if I can do it. I started out with the wire legs. I managed to twist them but in the process one of the wires broke. Well, I’ll be more careful next time. 


I have shaped the body.


Now I have to add some wings and spots and colored needle felting wool. Eyes come in the kit. I’m learning as I go along.
The sun is shining. It is going to be 70 today! It will be great for walking. Buds are appearing on the trees and bushes. Love it
A


3 comments:

  1. It's always nice to get a surprise!
    That birdie is too cute.
    Got to 61 here yesterday! Finally!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I found needlefelting to be more difficult (and time consuming!) than it appeared! But this is a darling kit and looks like you got the hang of it quickly!

    ReplyDelete