Monday, April 11, 2022

New Start

 Since I couldn’t work on the Stacy Nash Needleroll, I started something new. My favorite design from Nashville was the Newcastle Biscornu from Teresa Kogut. The called for nine was 40 count. I wanted to try it on 37 count Russian Teacakes linen. When I stitched Teresa Kogut’s sampler I didn’t like that some of the colors weren’t different enough from one another. So when I started stitching the biscornu I changed some of the colors for more contrast. After thinking about it, I decided to try again with the called for linen and colors. So I actually have two starts.

This is the first one:


This is the second start:


Together:


I like using the called for linen and floss. It is a bit smaller and I like the colors together. The linen is wrinkly because I took it out of a kit that I started a way long time ago. 

It got up to 61 degrees yesterday. It is spring again! 

A

1 comment: