Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Monday, June 5, 2017

Something New

This kit has been sitting around just waiting for me to start it.  A Stitcher's Heart.

  I decided to put the paper inside the box.  I had a few goofs that I wanted to let you know about.  First, I read the instructions.  I didn't say I followed the instructions but I did read them.  I didn't have the spray to seal the box so I didn't.  I bought some Mod Podge but discovered I had some already. I used the old Mod Podge.  I cut out the two papers to fit the box.

I put the Mod Podge on the sides of the box and stuck the first paper on.  But by the time I stuck it on, half of the box had already dried.  So I had to be faster at getting the paper on.  I tried to push the paper into one of the corners and it tore a little.  Oops.

 Then I was more generous with the Mod Podge for the second piece of paper.  I positioned it (carefully!) but I didn't realize that the paper shrinks a bit in the process.  So I had a strip of while showing.  ARGH.

What to do about my goofs?
 I had some leftover pieces of the paper to cut little strips to put over my goofs so I patched it.  I don't think the patches are very noticeable.  So my box isn't perfect but I think it looks okay.


I covered the piece of cardboard with batting and fabric for the bottom.  I love that everything was included in the kit.
I need to paint the outside.  The pattern calls for red but I think I'll paint it blue.  Maybe I should have painted it first.  Too late now.  Don't worry, I'll be careful.

The walking is done and the bathrooms are clean.  BFF#2 is in town today and we're getting together later, that will be fun.
A

5 comments:

  1. Looking lovely. Thanks for the information on finishing the sides. Maybe a challenge for me. My kit is in the post. So looking forward to this project.Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you started this project as i would like to see it finished Amy
    dq

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am a new follower, you are brave to paint the exterior after finishing the interior!! I want to hear how that works out!! I love the cover of the box, looking forward to seeing the finished piece. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever2

    ReplyDelete