Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Saturday, June 3, 2017

One is Silver the Other Gold

I finished the socks.  As to the fish, one is silver and the other gold.  I was trying to remember where that phrase is from.  I googled it.  It is song lyrics about old and new friends.

So when you finish something, guess what, you get to start something new, right?  I started Just Nan's Strawberry Mouse House.  It's recommended fabric is a grey overdyed and I got that with the chart.  But I hate it!  I kept making mistakes plus it is floppy.  So frustrating.  I decided to change.  I think Hobby Lobby is getting rid of a certain brand of linen.  I got two packages that were marked down.  I just decided that the cream colored one would be fine.  And indeed, it is just fine.  One side is done and a second started.

I am much happier with this linen.

I've been to the Farmer's Market. They had strawberries for the first time this year.  Of course, I got some,

 The walking is done.  There is usually some sort of run or walk on a Saturday.  I'm always early enough that there is no problem.
I got to see videos of Claire's graduation from preschool.  So cute.  How can she be that old?  We are going to see them in July.  Oh, joy!
A

3 comments:

  1. Your stitching is always fascinating, unique, and a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish are cute.
    Love those JN designs, the Mouse House will be so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete