Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Italian Mesh Ribbon

I didn't get much done on the Pioneer Girl's Book Etui.  But at least the border is started.

I got much more done on The Owl and the Pussycat.  I worked hard to get all the organdy embroidering done.

 I finished it and went on to the next step which is the sky on the satin layer.  The  sky is done in various colors of Italian mesh ribbon.  This is very interesting stuff.

 I love how the water on my Hampton Court is done with this ribbon.

  It comes in various colors, not just white.  My friend Janet told me where I could order some of this ribbon.  Specialty Beads.  I ordered some not really having a plan to use it.  Now it is good to see this ribbon used in a different way.  Italian ribbon is stretchable into shapes.  On the Owl and the Pussycat, it is supposed to look like clouds in the sky.
 I have couched down five different colors of it.

 It looks a little weird but it is going to be covered by the embroidered organdy which will soften the effect.

 There are so many pieces to this kit.  It will be amazing when it is done.  I orginally ordered this kit because Betsy Morgan told me about it.  I wonder if Betsy has finished hers.  Maybe we can have a stitch along.

It is a rainy day here.  Just right for stitching.
A

1 comment:

  1. The Italian mesh looks interesting.
    Can't wait to see more of this project. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete