Thursday, October 20, 2016

Getting Back Home and Reflections

The Winterthur's Embroidery, the Language of Art Conference was great.  It was not like any other conference I have been to.  Great location, great facilities, no hassle lunch, great teachers.  It is only held every other year.  Would I go again?  Yes.  Next time I will try and talk my BFF's into going too.  It is always more fun to do things with friends.  I would also allow more time to see the museum and to shop.

Last Sunday was all about getting home.  I don't think I like the Philadelphia airport.  I spent half an hour driving around trying to find a place to fill up the car with gas.  Even with Matilda's help, I could not.  I drove through the airport three times until in frustration I just returned the car.  It all turned out fine in the end.  I had five hours to kill at the airport before my flight.  Au Bon Pain was a great place to eat.  I actually met someone that lives down the street from me waiting for her flight.

I stitched on Pioneer Girl's Book Etui most of the time.  It is good to do boring repetitive work while waiting.  This is how far I am:

I think I can finish the front soon.

While I was at the conference, I got to see some of Mary Lynn's stitching.  It was amazing.  She designed and made a stitch covered box.  Wow, was it ever gorgeous.

 She showed me a photo of a sampler she designed.  She says that she just starts in the middle and stitches what she likes.  Oh, man, I'd love to be able to do that.  I don't think she knows how talented she is.

It is great to be back home and back to regular stitching.
A

2 comments: