Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Getting Back Home and Reflections

The Winterthur's Embroidery, the Language of Art Conference was great.  It was not like any other conference I have been to.  Great location, great facilities, no hassle lunch, great teachers.  It is only held every other year.  Would I go again?  Yes.  Next time I will try and talk my BFF's into going too.  It is always more fun to do things with friends.  I would also allow more time to see the museum and to shop.

Last Sunday was all about getting home.  I don't think I like the Philadelphia airport.  I spent half an hour driving around trying to find a place to fill up the car with gas.  Even with Matilda's help, I could not.  I drove through the airport three times until in frustration I just returned the car.  It all turned out fine in the end.  I had five hours to kill at the airport before my flight.  Au Bon Pain was a great place to eat.  I actually met someone that lives down the street from me waiting for her flight.

I stitched on Pioneer Girl's Book Etui most of the time.  It is good to do boring repetitive work while waiting.  This is how far I am:

I think I can finish the front soon.

While I was at the conference, I got to see some of Mary Lynn's stitching.  It was amazing.  She designed and made a stitch covered box.  Wow, was it ever gorgeous.

 She showed me a photo of a sampler she designed.  She says that she just starts in the middle and stitches what she likes.  Oh, man, I'd love to be able to do that.  I don't think she knows how talented she is.

It is great to be back home and back to regular stitching.
A

2 comments: