Follow Thread in Hand by Email

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Filling In the Gaps

Filling in the gaps between the two designs on the trinket box is my goal for today.

 I got the back design all done.

I stitched some of the miscellaneous parts on the back.  I think it is done.  I've wrapped the design around the box to check the sizing.

 All that is left is to fill in this gap.  It is a bit wider on the joining side.

 I've got a few ideas.  I think a bird and an apple will do it but I have to put those in and see if more needs to be done. I almost forgot, I need to finish off the border on the bottom.  I am almost afraid to say it, I am nearly done.  If I add two stitches to the "5" in 2015, I think I can make it look like a "6".

 This has taken forever.  I really wanted to put it down yesterday and work on something else.  But I am sooooo close to a finish.  Of course, I still have to glue it to the box.  Oh yeah, I pulled off the top - again.  It was curling up at the corners.

 I want to try the "Yes" glue this time.  This has certainly been a learning experience.

Very pleasant walking this morning but rain is on the way.  I'm excited to see photos from the Needlework Galleria in St. Charles.  I ordered some fabric from Liberty of London.  I want to make a blouse.  It's my kind of fabric, there are flowers all over it.
A

2 comments:

  1. You've made a lot of progress this week.
    Looks great.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete