Monday, September 15, 2014

Last Day

The Salty Yarns Trip: Day Six
Time to go back home.  Before I am ready to go I have to walk on the boardwalk one more time.

 It is windy and rainy again.  But this is my last chance.  I get to Fractured Prune and I want one last donut.  It is only half open.  The door is half way up and the girl says ten minutes until they open.  Hey, I'll wait.  I discover that one donut is three dollars but six donuts are nine dollars.  I only get one but I am tempted.  I love a bargain.  I am pretty soaked by the time I get back to the Lankford.  There is one more thing I need to do before I leave.  I have not walked down to the ocean and put my toes in.  It is really rainy and windy and the waves are high but since this is my last chance, I do it.

The ocean is warmer than I expected it to be.  Hey this is nice, I should have done this more.  I don't like all the sand between my toes though.

Ginny and I take off for the airport.  We have the same flight to Philadelphia.  Everything goes smoothly.  My next flight is slightly delayed.  We are waiting for the plane to arrive.  But luckily the pilots make up for the delay and I get home just fine and on time with DH waiting for me.

Here is my stash from Salty Yarns:
 The Sam Sarah Steampunk Sea Serpent was designed for Salty Yarns Jamboree last year.  I think it is so cool.  I found some Gumnut silk thread and several colors of linen.

I've had the best time.  I want to go back again next year.  What is my next trip?  In two weeks, Son#1 is getting married.  He happens to live not too far from a very good needlework shop.  Maybe I'll get there.
Barbara asked if I am going to Williamsburg.  Yes I am.  But first I'm going to The Attic in November.
Back to stitchy updates tomorrow.
A



3 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful stitching and lovely threads..such a lovely trip my dear..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I think I enjoyed it as much as you did.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete
  3. great trip log, enjoyed hearing all you did and saw along the way. great class piece too !

    ReplyDelete