Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Dreaming

If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
I read my friend Janet's blog (http://www.janetbrandt.com) about her adventures in England attending the very first Bath Textile Summer School.  I think it is held at the Holburne Museum.  Whoa, would you look at the building?

 It sounded like so much fun.  She took a class from Jenny Adin-Christie (my hero!).  She saw caskets - in person!  I told Janet that if she went back next year, I wanted to go with her.  But Jenny's class for next summer was full so forget that.  Then Janet said, let's go in 2016.  I could plan for that.  It would be a trip of a lifetime.  Janet knows the ropes now that she's already been there.  I would never be brave enough to go by myself.  Jenny has added another class for next year's school. There are several more teachers and classes too.   But now Janet and I have a plan.  Jenny's class in 2016.  I've always thought it would the ultimate stitching experience to take a class with the Royal School of Needlework.  But I'm afraid I wouldn't fit in.  I stitch in hand.  I'm a rebel and change stuff.  I don't baste unless forced to.  Having made several of Jenny's kits, I know I could handle a class with her.  I also know she has great directions.  It is my dream trip.

I finished stitching the little pin cushion.

I have to go through my stash and see if I have something that will do for the backing.  In my mind, I would like a piece of velvet that is the color of the bowl the bird is perched on.  Maybe I have a piece of wool that color.  We'll see.  Maybe I can find something at Stitchville.  Sounds like a plan.
A

2 comments:

  1. Wow it's a beautiful place :)
    And your pin cushion stitching is super lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a wonderful dream! I hope it works out for you.

    Barbara in OKC

    ReplyDelete