Which now presents the problem of window treatments. I think we are going to go with blinds. Then the problem is should we mount them inside the window or above the window. I have to do some research.
So, how am I doing on the UnPlayed Piano? Well, I've made good progress.
Two things are left to do: sewing the bottom platform onto the piano and the inside tool tray.
I put some twisted cording around the bottom which hides the seam.
I am happy that the scrim now fits the tray. I didn't use ribbon to attach the scrim.
The piano almost closes.
If I were redesigning this piece, I would start with a lot of backstitching around all of the edges. Then it would be easy to whip it together and you would know where to bend it.
I got good mail yesterday. I signed up for the Shining Needle Society class with Barbara Jackson. I did her ornament last year. This year I am only getting the chart, not the kit. So I went scrounging around for leftover threads from Barbara Jackson classes that I have taken. When the chart came in the mail, I had to just try a few stitches. It is done on 40 count. I got a good start. So far:
There is an aroma of prunes in my house as I get ready to make prune bread, a traditional favorite of mine with my grandmother's recipe.