Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Something New

 I had a new start. I found this chart when I was looking for something else. I’m not sure if I bought it or if I got it from my friend Terry. It had the fabric and floss with it so it was easy to just find a needle and begin.


I am almost done. But this has not been an easy stitch.


I am not happy with the floss symbols and colors. First of all, two of the colors are not distinguishable from each other. Deep Sea and Soot. There is a window frame of Soot but against the Deep Sea, you can’t even see it.


There are eight colors in this chart. Each color should have its own symbol. There is a heart for both Soot and Avocado. Three sets of the flosses have the same symbol: two hearts, two squares, and two triangles. It is easy to make a mistake and use the wrong color. The darkest color, Soot, has the lightest symbol. It is a subtle thing but the darker floss should have a darker symbol. The lightest color floss, oatmeal has a dark symbol. Not good choices. I suspect the person doing the floss key is not the person who had to stitch this. 

Whining over. I went walking outside today. It was 45 degrees! Not all the sidewalks were clear so I had to alter my usual route. I’m hoping to walk outside tomorrow before the weather takes a turn for the worse. It is supposed to get up to fifty today and tomorrow. Love it.

A



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I wish it was in the forties or fifties here in Minnesota, I took the dogs for a walk, it as cool and bright 24 degrees.
    I like Cathy's designs but have had the same problem with symbols, on a couple of other designs, nice progress on Wreath House.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pretty stitch.
    Sorry you had so much trouble with colors.
    It got to 42 here yesterday, more warm today.
    Hopefully the dirty snow will melt.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete