Thursday, February 3, 2022

New Start

 I decided to start this kit.





This is a pretty easy stitch.  No difficult stitches. It is different stitching on felt compared to stitching on linen or satin. 
We got about 11 inches of snow.  Poor DH had to shovel snow twice yesterday just to keep up.
Not to mention scrapping snow off the roof.
I went looking for my Amy Mitten kit "Final Soliloquy".  The amazing part was that I found it! I had almost completed a male figure. I tried putting a few stitches in.  Nope, not going to happen.  I can't work over one on forty count linen. I wanted to see if this design could be worked on larger count linen for one of my casket panels. It is too large to fit the casket if I work on a lower count linen. So I will look for another design. While looking for Final Soliloquy I found a half done pin ball.  One side is done but I didn't find the threads to be able to stitch the other side.  I can just make it into a pin cushion. I don't have the hardware for a real pin ball anyway. To be able to sew it, I'll have to clean off my sewing machine area.  That's a whole other story.
A


4 comments:

  1. Amy: This is a lovely design, lucky you finding it, it looks like a lovely design.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pin ball hardware was not easily found several years ago, probably worse now. Our roof is 12" of ice facing north. Not sure when it will start melting but we're hoping by June!

    ReplyDelete