Monday, January 25, 2021

Oops

 I decided I wanted to attempt the Blackbird Needlecase by Margaret Light. I found the kit. This is such a nice kit!  There are lots of fancy silk threads.  The kit has Gumnut Buds pearl #12. 

I haven't stitched with Gumnut Buds before. There are also Painters threads.  They are beautiful variegated threads on spools.


These threads are soft and a dream to stitch with.

The first thing listed to stitch in the directions is the dog, Phoebe. The thread used is an off white. What? the dog is black.  Oh well, I decided to follow the directions so I split stitched around the dog.  Then I read what comes after that.  It wasn't making sense to me.  This is when I realized that there are two dogs.  One is white and the other one is black.  I stitched the wrong dog in the wrong color! Duh.

So then I stitched the right dog in the right color. 

I worked on this all day yesterday, I just couldn't put it down.
This is going well!
A



2 comments: