Thursday, January 7, 2021

New Start

 Of course I had to start something new on January 1st. I had been wanting to do this project for a long time, ever since I saw my friends Anna and Maria in Australia working on it. They are doing a stitch-along of several of Blackbird's designs in the book Sewing Club.


I've made pretty good progress. In fact, I think I can finish today. First finish of 2021.

I have the box it fits on (found it on Etsy) but it needs to be stained. I don't like the ribbon around the edge in the picture of it.  I will do something else (or nothing) around the edge. I was missing a few of the Weeks flosses so I substituted colors. I didn't like the substitute of 926 for Dolphin.  It was too dark so I'm giving the house some shading with only the side being 926 and the rest of the house 927. It is stitched one over one but I don't mind, it is looking good.

How can it be Thursday already??

A

3 comments:

  1. Cute finish.
    That's such a great book.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love that little house project, and yours looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little project! Are you planning to make others from this book? It is one of BBD's best I think!

    ReplyDelete