Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Hump Day

 Did I get the star done yesterday? Nope. But I did make good progress and there isn't much left to do.


Next is military wire. I have no idea what that is as I haven't worked with it before. Then there are some crystals to sew on.  I've been thinking how to finish it and what to do with it.  I think it will be the star for on top of my Christmas tree.  My 45 year old Christmas tree topper that I bought at a dime store bit the dust a couple years ago. I didn't have a topper last Christmas. So I want to finish this into a star shape (or maybe just a circle?) for my tree.

  I learned some things in playing with the clay. 


I thought I could let the clay dry in the molds and since it will shrinks as it dries, I'll be able to get it out. Not a good idea. I broke several things trying to get them out of the molds. Still, several of them turned out really nicely. 

I got the terra cotta colored clay yesterday. I have to clean the molds before I can try using the colored paper clay.
Luckily the paper clay will dissolve in water. I really love that St. George and the dragon mold.
A


1 comment:

  1. I never hears of military wire.
    Interesting to see how it works up.
    Those molds are pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete