Friday, January 8, 2021

Copy Cat

I am a copy cat.  I see something I like and I want one too. I saw a small puppet stage on my friend Janet Brandt had on instagram or a post on her blog (janetbrandt.com).  She actually has a collection of fantastic little theaters in her house.  Janet took me to a toy shop in Covent Garden when she was my roommate on the Thistle Threads tour. It was Benjamin Pollock's Toy shop.  What a magical place! It was such fun to see all the stuff there,  They sell all these theaters and unusual toys.  I didn't buy a theater then but was reminded of them when Janet posted a photo of one of her theaters.  I wanted one! So I ordered one. Well, not one. I ordered three. I am the queen of excess. 
This is one of the ones I got, the Shakespeare Theater.


There are a ton of pieces. But there is no cutting or gluing to put them together.
I started to put it together.
This is the Cinderella theatre.
This is what it will look like when it is all done.
This is the other theatre.  I wish my granddaughter and I could color this and put this together.  Maybe I'll send this one to her.



Anyway, this is how it is going so far.



A

1 comment: