Monday, June 1, 2020

Update on the Queen Sampler

The row  that I am working on is going to take awhile. Sometimes I feel like the designer wants to make it more of a challenge or try to use the stitches from the original sampler.  There seems to be some prestege in stitching reversibly. My philosophy is why make stitching harder than it should be?

 This row has some specialty stitches.  You really need to have Amy Mitten's book about the Montenegrin stitch called Autopsy of the Montenegrin Stitch.



  I had the book but had never used it until now. It is a great resource for showing exactly how to do the stitch in whatever direction you need to go. But four rows of Montenegrin stitch in three different colors for the vine was a bit too much so I changed it to two regular cross stitch rows and two Montenegrin rows in the middle. So far, so good.

Then I had to look up the spiral trellis stitch for the grapes on YouTube. I'm still not sure that I'm doing it right as the outlined corners are usually an angled stitch.
This is how far I've gotten:
The leaves were supposed to be a specialty stitch but I just made them cross stitched

How can it be June already?
A

2 comments:

  1. Your Queen Sampler is looking incredible. Will you continue on with this one for a bit or change over to something else? Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great!
    You have to do whatever makes you happy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete