Friday, June 12, 2020

Almost!


Well, the opinions were unanimous.  Fewer lines of cross hatching.  So I decided to take the extra lines out.  Now the stitching is done and the finishing has begun. There is supposed to be coral stitch around the edge but since I wasn't happy with the coral stitch on the pin disc, I made some twisted cording using DMC 832 #5 which was in the kit.  I cut out the satin pieces, cut the comic board and padded it.  Did a gathering stitch around the satin and laced it on to the padded comic board and sewed all the pieces together. BUT I could see the permanent ink lines around the edge and the twisted cording was not going to hide it. I could kick myself for putting the outline on there in the first place. No, I couldn't live with it so I took it completely apart!  

I cut the comic board smaller so no lines would show. Then I did the whole rigamaroll again: gathering and lacing all three pieces and then sewing them together.

You can still see a little of the permanent ink along the top edge of the front but I can cover it with the twisted cording.

Almost done!
A

2 comments: