Monday, June 29, 2020

Peacock Feathers

I've been working on the Peacock's feathers.  I really goofed them up! I read the directions last week and was making assumptions and relying on a faulty memory when I started.  I assumed the directions would go left to right on the nine feathers. So I started on the left side. Wrong. The directions started with the middle of the nine feathers. Oops. Well, I decided that the order didn't really matter. I thought there were two of the feathers worked with fine gimp. Wrong, only one. So when I cut the gimp pieces in half I nearly ran out. What an idiot I am!
I did get all the padding felt pieces stitched down. At least I didn't mess that up.
Then I started a third feather wirh emerald metallic plate, I used the wrong technique and had to take it out again and start over.
Somebody ought to take this away from me before I mess up even more. But this is a new day of a new week and I am trying to be extra careful  and READ THE DIRECTIONS immediately before I begin again.
Ugh.


A

3 comments:

  1. No two peacocks are the same in real life, so now yours will be more realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peacock tail feathers are looking good!

    ReplyDelete