Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Queen's Sampler


I had a page finish! I just have the half of four rows to finish another page,  It is great to see progress especially on a BAP.


I must warn those who will be stitching this sampler that two of the symbols in the color key are very similar and easily confused.

4625 and 4113 both have a circle symbol. But one is bigger than the other. One is light tan and the other is a deep red. On the chart the smaller dot is much smaller. I accidentally stitched the wrong color. It's not a big deal and I am going to leave it.  Also some of the greens are very close in color and I have accidentally confused them also.  Again, no big deal. The perfectionist in me would have preferred to have stitched the correct color though.
A

3 comments:

  1. Your sampler is looking fabulous. I don't understand why designers use symbols that are the same, but smaller or larger in size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Queen is looking so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous project! It is coming along so well! It drives me crazy when I accidentally switch colors. I did that twice on my Jane Marshall sampler. Sometimes I leave it but this time I am going to take it out and do it right. It isn't too much, but it was 3 hours of stitching! I will do it in a week or two when the sting of my mistake has worn off! :)

    ReplyDelete