I worked until I got it done. As I say with most of my stitching, it's not perfect. It is a little sloppy around the edge and the raised backstitching is not nearly as even as I would like.
You learn a lot when you do something for the first time. You learn what thread tension works best and what things to pay attention to. If I were making the snail again I would do it way better. For a first try though, it is pretty good.
I finally put the pins into my fish needle holder. The pins on the snail's head make him top heavy and he doesn't sit up straight.
I finished the rectangle that will be the top of the UnPlayed Piano. I am still deciding if something needs to go inside the rectangle. That's what takes the most time, deciding. I found a couple of motifs that I am putting on the back. I really need to decide what to do on the four side panels. Ten days until my trip.
I made up the little pumpkin I bought. He is sort of scary. I'll show you tomorrow.