Sunday, October 13, 2013

Back to the Future

Now that I'm back home, I have to decide what to work on.

 We got yet another lesson in Mermaid Treasures.  I'm still way behind!  But the new lesson tells how to put together the fish.  I can't imagine how this can turn out well.  Really, I wonder if I can do it.  But I know Amy Mitten's instructions are fabulous.  One of the things that drew me to this project was the fish.  So I jump ahead and try out the fish finishing instructions.

 The fish is a needle case and the needles fit into his mouth.

The instructions are so easy taken step by step.  I sew the fins on and lace the sides together.  Amy Mitten is a genius when it comes to designing.  Inside the fish is a straw with buttonhole stitch in one end.  I love how this turned out.

I can't believe I did it!  Wow, this is too cool.
There are pins to stick into his fins but I haven't done that yet.
Maybe I can sew the shell case together next?
A

2 comments: