I made up the little button angel kit that Margaret sent me. It turned out very sweet.
I started the Trevelyon Holly ornament. I started out just working in hand but then I put it in a small hoop to see if that made any difference. I haven't decided yet which is better. I am just doing the outline around the little purse in heavy broad chain stitch. It is a new stitch to me.
I like working with the soie perlee thread. All the while stitching I'm thinking of things to change about it. I don't like all the pink berries and want to make fewer pink and more red ones. I also would put the pink ones out of the ends of the branch like they are the newest ones on the branch. I'm not sure I like the abrupt change in color on the holly leaves. I would make them more gradual. It will depend on the stitch if I change this. It might be hard to shade the leaves.
I have to go to the grocery store and get the main ingredient for our Christmas dinner - a Sunday Roaster Chicken. Wish me luck!