Now this is what it looks like:
I have learned a few things along the way. First of all, you need to count. I started at the bottom of lowest petal with a lovely blue color. That was a couple of weeks ago. So then I picked it up yesterday and worked some more on that petal. But when I got up close to the center gold thing, oops. I am one string away from it and I am supposed to do all stitches over two strings. I messed up when I started it and didn't start an even number of strings away. So do I take it out? No way. Will it matter? Not really. I can fill in with over one stitches or with a fancy gilt thread. I didn't even worry about where I started with the leaf. It doesn't have to meet up with any friends, it is out there by itself. But I am making up the colors as I go along. Not all the leaf colors like each other. I am changing the colors in different places than the sample. I keep reminding myself that this is a learning experience. And I am learning what not to do.
I am in the middle of making shortbread cookies. I need to make another batch of caramel corn and put up the Christmas tree. That is all besides making cod for dinner. I got a chance to read some more Jack Reacher yesterday. There are a lot of twists and turns in this book. Maybe I can read while waiting for stuff to cook in the oven.