Monday, August 23, 2021

Smooth Passing Thread

 I choose smooth passing thread for the Elizabethan Plaited stitch based on Jacqui Carey's recommendation.  I originally started with Gold Wire. Both of these threads were in my stash.

 I'm not even sure where I got the threads. The threads look very much alike.  The gold wire (on the right) is sparklier. Many people haven't heard of passing thread. I decided to look it up. I have Allison Cole's book.



It says that smooth passing comes in sizes from #3 (finest) to #7 (thickest). It is "fine gilt wire wrapped around a core thread. Gold wire is also wire wrapped around a core. Ironically, gold wire is also referred to a passing thread. The core can be silk or synthetic. Here, one is yellow, the other white.


I found the smooth passing easier to work with. It bends and goes through linen better. 

I decided that I love Dunkin' Donut Munchkins. I tried their iced oat milk latte and I liked it a lot.

Wish Dunkin' was closer to my house!

A


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info.
    Dunkin' sounds good right about now!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete