Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Another Finish

 I got all the stitching done on the Tomayto tray.


I made a couple of changes in the finishing. There are various ways to attach the stitched part to the tray. But I wasn't keen on using double sided tape so I did a tacking stitch on each corner of the stitching. I think it is so clever to put a magnet under the big tomato that will hold the tomahto pin cushion which will have a magnet in the bottom.  I also tied the corner threads in a bow. I am waiting to start the tomahto pin cushion till after Thursday when I need something easy (something I'm less likely to mess up!) to stitch. The tomahto pin cushion is stitched all in Weeks Dye Works Flatfish.  I want to use different colors and maybe variegated thread. I like the red fabric it is to be stitched on.

A

2 comments:

  1. This is woo cute.
    The little Dolly is nice sitting in the tray.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful tray, I am not sure I would us the double sided tape, I think doing the stitch was a better idea.
    I think a variegated thread would be a wonderful choice, for the pin cushion.
    I think your little doll is adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete