Saturday, August 7, 2021

Of A Saturday

 I didn't intend to work on this today. I guess I was feeling brave and thought I would just try. I drew the scrolly pattern on my queen. I thought if I mess this up I can rip it out or cut it off. 



Then I went looking for gold thread. I found two that I think would do so I decided to try the most sparkly one which is called gold wire.

 Now, which stitch to do? Plaited braid or chain? I started with chain stitch but wasn't sure it would fill up the space drawn for it. I need to add black on either side and then see what it looks like.

On the other side I tried the plaited braid but I had to teach myself how to do it again since it has been almost two years since I figured it out at a Jacqui Carey class. Luckily I have her book to go by.



 The plaited braid looks a little messy. Is it too wide? The jury is still out. 

I've got to think about this for a while.

A

3 comments:

  1. Oh, both of the gold stitches are so pretty! Such a rich look, befitting a queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think either would look good.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. A: I like them both, this is going to be an amazing design when you are finished.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete